10.03.2011

The Weekend

We had a nice weekend.  Saturday we went to the NC State football game.  Unfortunately, we ended up not going in to the game (or maybe that was good, it's been a rough year for the Wolfpack so far), but did enjoy tailgating before the game with great friends and family.

.


On Sunday I finally got the chance to make some baby food, carrots and sweet potatoes.  It was really so easy.  I bought baby food first because I wanted to be able to buy an assortment to find out what Jake liked and disliked.  I didn't want to make a big batch of carrots and then Jake hate them.  So far, sweet peas are the only thing he doesn't really care to eat.  I have a few baby food cookbooks, but I think I'm really going to enjoy Tyler Florence's Fresh Start the best (and it doesn't hurt that he's one of my favorite chefs).  The baby food recipes for when Jake's a little older look amazing.  He also had a great tip for making those first pureed baby foods, use a blender and not the food processor.  It made the food so much smoother.  Oh, and did you know he is one of the founder's of the baby food brand Sprout, I didn't.

.

.

.

{all images from my iphone via instagram}

No comments:

Post a Comment